Monday, November 1, 2010

Try to bring about a positive change.

----------------------------------------------------------
Message for the day 01-11-2010
----------------------------------------------------------
To look closely at one's own behaviour is to bring about a positive change.

Projection: While it is easy to talk about what other people should do to change themselves and their behaviour, it is also important to see what one can do to bring about a change in oneself. When there is the ability to look in this way, effort is put in continuously to change old unwanted patterns of behaviour and replace with more desirable ones.

Solution: When I am able to take a closer look at myself, I am able to see which trait in my personality is getting in the way of my progress. This knowledge helps me accept myself with my shortcomings and yet have the courage to bring about a change easily. So I have the satisfaction of working on myself.

----------------------------------------------------------
Soul Sustenance 01-11-2010
----------------------------------------------------------

The Mental Telescope



When the intellect, or third eye, is used as a telescope, it is able to understand the reality of 'consequence' (effect or result). Every thought, every word and every action is like a planted seed that, in time, will bear fruit. When there is realization of this reality, then there is attention paid to how we think, speak and act. We realise the importance of our own responsibility in creating certain situations, in creating our own attitude and state of mind. There is greater care and a more responsible use of our own power of choice.

With telescopic vision, we become the knower of the three aspects of time (past, present and future).

In RajaYoga meditation taught by the Brahma Kumaris, this is called being 'trikaldarshi', which literally means having the 'vision of the three aspects of time' in the sense that in the present I can learn from the past and create my future. The past cannot be changed, but my attitude to what has happened can be changed. Therefore, rather than having regret or bitterness about the past, I understand the lesson of life and move on.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+