Monday, November 15, 2010

Contentment makes one virtuous.

----------------------------------------------------------
Message for the day 14-11-2010
----------------------------------------------------------
Contentment makes one virtuous.

Projection: The one who is content is free from selfishness, yet is concerned about filling the self with inner treasures. Such a person finds his stock of treasures always full and overflowing. So his thoughts, words and actions are those that are constantly bringing benefit to those around.

Solution: When I am always content, I always experience myself to be victorious. I am easily able to learn from all situations and use all my experiences to move forward. Also I become a giver. I thus get the love and good wishes of those around me and am also able to experience constant progress.

----------------------------------------------------------
Soul Sustenance 14-11-2010
----------------------------------------------------------
Meditation In Action



Meditation is not something we do but rather something we have. It is not that we spend 23 hours in an extrovert state and only one hour in introspective self-effort. In this sense, extroversion means to have the attention drawn by all the goings-on outside the soul. True introversion, also, does not mean to sit in a corner and not speak to anyone; it means to pay attention that all thoughts, words and actions are flowing in the right direction. In this respect, the churning over of points of knowledge throughout our active hours strengthens and maintains the meditative state of mind.

There are five basic points to churn over. Create your own thought commentaries around each point.

Who Am I?
I am a soul. The body is my chariot. All human beings are souls too, my brothers and sisters. I see them with spiritual love. Whilst walking and talking I see others as souls. Maintaining this vision I cross all the barriers of worldly differences.

Whose Child Am I?
Just as I naturally have the awareness of being the child of my physical father, receiving sustenance and a form of inheritance, so too I can have the natural consciousness of being a child of the Supreme Father. I can reflect on the sustenance and inheritance in the form of knowledge, virtues and powers I receive from Him.

(To be continued tomorrow ….)


In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+