Sunday, February 6, 2011

The way to get is to give.

----------------------------------------------------------
Message for the day 06-02-2011
----------------------------------------------------------
The way to get is to give.

Projection: We usually have expectations for taking from others and situations. We do want the best from everything, yet we are not able to take as much as we are capable of. We try harder but are not able to get the best out of situations and people.

Solution: I need to empty myself of that which is not required for me before I can think of getting the best of everything. Just as I would not be able to pick up something nice and necessary even while appreciating it, if I had something that I don't require, I will not be able to take the best, if I don't free myself from waste.

----------------------------------------------------------
Soul Sustenance 06-02-2011
----------------------------------------------------------
Understanding The Different Types Of Thoughts That The Mind Creates (cont.)


We had explained Necessary Thoughts yesterday. Today we explain:

Unnecessary (Waste) Thoughts
Unnecessary thoughts are thoughts that are produced at untimely moments that fill us with worry and anxiety when they appear in our minds. They have no constructive use. Unnecessary and useless thoughts are quick and repetitive which lead you nowhere. Often they refer to things from the past: "If this hadn't happened? Why did she have to say that to me?" Too many thoughts are about things that we cannot change, or worries about the future: "What will happen tomorrow? How will it happen? What will I do if I find myself on my own?" If I had been there at the time, this disaster would not have happened." "If I had had this information at the time, I would have won the case." "When I get the qualification, I will be more respected by my superiors."

Your ability to concentrate is weakened by these useless thoughts. If you have a lot of these thoughts you use more energy and time to undertake each task. The origins of negativity also reside in them.

From the time that the past has already passed and the future is yet to come, these kinds of thoughts are not useful and they also weaken your inner strength and exhaust you. It is vital that we learn to avoid this pattern of thinking. In this way you will be more focused and your decision making capacity will improve.

(To be continued tomorrow …..)

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+