Wednesday, March 16, 2011

To listen to others fully is to be able to be free from repeating mistakes.

----------------------------------------------------------
Message for the day 15-03-2011
----------------------------------------------------------
To listen to others fully is to be able to be free from repeating mistakes.

Projection: When there is criticism that comes one's way, there is a tendency to ignore or to defend oneself. Naturally we then lose the power to listen. We then find that we are not able to correct our mistakes and so they repeat. We thus find that we are not able to experience progress.

Solution: I need to carefully analyse to see if there is any truth in any criticism that comes my way. If there is, correction can be made accordingly. When I listen to others with honesty, I am able to discover even the most negligible aspect in my behaviour which I can change. So I find myself constantly improving and progressing and moving on towards success. So having brought about a change, even the criticism that comes my way stops.

----------------------------------------------------------
Soul Sustenance 15-03-2011
----------------------------------------------------------



Meditation On Self-Forgiveness

Sit comfortably and relax. Recall the feelings associated with some mistake or mistakes you have made in the past. Connect with any feelings of hatred and revenge; connect with any feelings of guilt and how you felt you had let others and yourself down; the shame and the humiliation you may have felt...

Now ask yourself: 'What good is it doing me or others by holding onto these feelings...? What benefits does it bring me? How does it help me, or the other people affected...?' (pause for 30 seconds).

Now, say the following to yourself inside your mind: 'I decide that I have held onto these feelings long enough and it is time to let them go... This is a matter of reason as they no longer serve me, and a matter of my will at a deep level to release them... I feel all these negative feelings and let them go... I release them... let them go...'

Now, unconditionally, forgive yourself... you have made a mistake... you have learned from that mistake... there is nothing to be gained from having feelings of guilt or shame... let them go... forgive yourself... forgive everyone else who may have contributed... it is time to let it go...

Now focus on your true self - a divine being of spiritual energy situated at the center of the forehead... focus on your inner feelings of peace... Think of and feel your inner qualities of honesty, tolerance, kindness and generosity. Focus on them, as this is who you truly are... a peaceful, compassionate, forgiving being of spiritual light... radiating these qualities to the world...


In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+