Sunday, September 16, 2012

Tolerance enables one to learn from mistakes.


Message for the day 

Projection: When one is sure of what he is doing and he is in his stage of self-respect, criticism can be taken in the right way. This will give the ability to look within when something goes wrong. Instead of justifying mistakes there will be the ability to learn from them and improve.

Solution: When someone criticises me, I need to remind myself that I have something to learn from it. Let me ask myself if there is at least a small aspect that I could learn from and incorporate in my life. Let me take this aspect and leave the rest.





Soul Sustenance

Improving The Quality Of Different Areas Of My ‘Karmas’ (cont.)

Karmas performed for leisure or entertainment
When someone says they don't have time for meditation or for their spiritual development, it generally reflects an unwillingness to face the self rather than an actual lack of time. The fact that average T.V. viewing time in many countries runs to more than 15 hours a week tells its own story. To the extent that I value my time, I value my life and make myself valuable. Valuing my time, energy and money is very much a part of the whole karmic story of give and take: what they are used for, how well they are used, whether they are wasted and so on. Difficulties with time, one's own bodily energy and finances are the fruits of past indifference or wastage of these resources (either in this birth or previous births). The world financial crisis is the karmic sum total of all such individual difficulties. Am I using all that I have in a worthwhile way? Am I just wasting it or am I using it for benefit for myself and for others? These questions, answered correctly, often spell the difference between success and failure.

(To be continued tomorrow …)


In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+