Monday, November 16, 2015

The key to all treasures is to happiness

Message for the day 16-11-2015

Thought to Ponder: There are a lot of gifts that are hidden in my life, in each day. When I have happiness, and am able to happily move along through the day and am able to get an access to these treasures. This will also make me more aware of the inner treasures that I have within me, like my values, powers, skill and abilities. 

Point to Practice: Today I will make a list of all those things that I am thankful for in my life. This list will only be of what I have and appreciate. Making such a list will make me happy and keep me prepared to recognize and appreciate all other gifts that are coming my way. 




Soul Sustenance 16-11-2015

On A Spiritual Joyride (Part 2)

Variety in life is the only way to sustain a spiritual journey which many of us are on. Meditation is a technique which is being practiced by millions all over the world. At the Brahma Kumaris, people from around 115 countries practice meditation in their daily lives but at the same time, as per the knowledge shared by God, they take care thatmeditation does not become like a daily routine. Everyday meditation is done with different types of positive thoughts. In this way, spirituality is like a fun filled joyride in which different experiences become a daily part of your life. Also everyone at the Brahma Kumaris will not study spiritual knowledge only when they are alone or at home. They will visit one of the centres of the Brahma Kumaris daily for an hour, wherever they are. And they will listen to spiritual knowledge in a gathering. This type of daily routine is something which is rarely seen in any other spiritual movement of the world. The intention behind this type of practice, besides better understanding of the knowledge, is an increase in enthusiasm by sitting with people of the same mindset and gaining from their spiritual power, which is called the power of the gathering.

Spirituality also brings with it the duty of sharing all that you listen and learn, with others, which itself is a way of remaining enthusiastic. Along with sharing, which we call service at the Brahma Kumaris, there is great importance given to changing oneself and improving one’s behavior which is a way of going ahead in life on a non-physical level. This is because changing oneself automatically causes a positive energy of change to flow in my words and actions, which further flows to others causing an increase in enthusiasm in oneself. This is the spiritual joyride on which we sit everyday and wait for the next day with a lot of interest.

(To be continued tomorrow …)




In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+